What should I do if renovation or building work has been delayed due to COVID-19?

Following our standard rules, please make sure that you always notify us of any proposed building work before it starts.

Where work has been delayed and you won't be living in your home, please let us know straight away.  If you're continuing to live in your home, then you don’t need to contact us.

If you have any questions, or you need to notify us of any building work that is due to take place, please email ask@policyexpert.co.uk. It would be useful if you could include:

  • An overview of the building work e.g. windows are being replaced at the front and back of the house, a conservatory is being installed at the rear of the property etc.
  • When the building work will begin
  • The expected length of the building work
  • Whether you’ll be staying at the property whilst the work is being carried out.
Was this article helpful?
34 out of 44 found this helpful