Am I covered if something happens to my work equipment whilst working from home?

If you own the office equipment

Your personal equipment, such as a laptop or PC, is covered through your contents insurance cover - whilst you're using it to work from home.

If your employer owns the office equipment

Any equipment which has been provided by your employer, isn't covered through your Policy Expert insurance policy. This will usually be covered through their own business insurance.  If you’re unsure about whether these items are insured, we suggest you speak to your employer to find out more.

Business stock

Please be aware that we do not provide cover for any business stock kept at your property. If you’re planning to keep stock at your property please contact us by emailing and we’ll see if we can arrange alternative cover for you.

Was this article helpful?
49 out of 66 found this helpful