Will I be covered to drive abroad?

Yes, you should be covered to drive in the EU on your vehicle insurance policy. Depending on who is the underwriter of your policy you will have at least 30 days cover. Some will cover you up to 180 days. You will find full details in your car insurance policy book.


Due to the current uncertainties surrounding Brexit, you may require a Green Card if driving in Europe after the 31st December 2020. If you do intend to drive your car in Europe after this date, please send us an email to greencard@policyexpert.co.uk and include the dates of travel, countries you intend to visit, your name, insured drivers, vehicle registration and if you are towing a trailer or caravan. You should request a Green Card within 3 weeks of your intended travel date.

Was this article helpful?
24 out of 49 found this helpful